GREEN DAY

On Friday 26th July, MWPS celebrated its seventh annual Green Day. This was a day for celebrating all of our “green” achievements; recycling programs, gardening programs, animal adoptions and our 5 Star Resource Smart Sustainable School status. Students dressed in green, as their favourite animal or as something else inspired by nature. We were visited by Leigh’s Reptile Show and Ben’s Bees. The most popular animals were Snappy the crocodile and Ghost the dingo. Students also got to have a close encounter with lizards and snakes. Students participated in green themed activities within their classrooms. Each child received a special GREEN DAY SHOWBAG which had a fruit, a colouring sheet, a wooden bookmark, Ben’s Bees honey, beeswax, a beeswax wrap and a reusable produce bag.  Thanks to the Senior Environment Team, Ms Prodanos, Ms tench, Ms Dynan, Mrs Woods, Ms Tsourlenes and Sue P for packing all of the show bags! Everyone had a great time and can’t wait for next year!

2 thoughts on “GREEN DAY

1. Hi Loretta,

This is a bit of an overdue thank-you for your organisation of Green Day. I was really thrilled to hear about what the kids did and I love the ‘souvenirs’ they brought home. I’ve been wanting to try the beeswax wraps and I really love them. I will be buying more when I have a chance! I also love the reusable fruit and veg bags.
    Thanks for all your great work in educating the kids about our beautiful planet. It’s much appreciated!